Monday, November 15, 2021

Monday ...

   Saturday morning was cold, windy, and cloudy.  Appropriate for a 6-hour women's conference at church with the theme of Loving the Cloudy Days.  It was indeed an amazing day, and I was exhausted but spiritually filled when I got home that afternoon.

  On Sunday, sandwiched between two church services, I attended a baptism for a friend and a young girl on a very chilly 42F early afternoon.  It was a good day, a very good day.

   Wednesday this week is my hopefully last CT Scan to determine the status of my lymph nodes.  If they have returned to "normal" (whatever that is) then I will be declared truly cancer-free.  

  On Saturday, I will be spending some time making [alcohol ink baubles] (<click link to video) for myself and my sisters, and am quite excited about doing them.  I can't wait to share pictures!

   We have also decided to do a Christmas cookie exchange this year with an international flair.  I'm making German cookies ~ Springerle and a twist on Spritz:  cranberry cheesecake Spritz ~ in honor of my mom and her parents.  My sister, Kat, will soon receive my stone shortbread mold so she can make Scottish shortbread in honor of her Dad.  Our other sis, Heather, will be making Italian Christmas cookies in honor of her in-laws.  Yummmm!

2 comments:

  1. I do hope this comment goes through. Blogger is not playing nicely with me at the moment.
    I love the idea of a Christmas cookie exchange - and hope that your scan is indeed clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend! Your cookie exchange sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.