Thursday, October 12, 2023

WFW ~ 1st dates

This writing challenge was started by Delores a long time ago. Computer issues led her to bow out and now Words for Wednesday is provided by a number of people and has become a movable feast.

Essentially the aim is to encourage us to write. Each week we are given a choice of prompts: which can be words, phrases, music, or an image. What we do with those prompts is up to us: a short story, prose, a song, a poem, or treating them with ignore... We can use some or all of the prompts, and mixing and matching are encouraged.

Some of us put our creations in comments on the host's post, and others post on their own blog. It would be wonderful if as many people as possible joined in the fun, which includes cheering on the other participants. The prompts will be [here] and are provided by Sean Jeating.

  "Would you consider taking me out on Saturday, instead of Friday?"

  "Well, the dinner theater's last night is Friday, and I've heard that the restaurant they are performing in is excellent.  The tickets were rather expensive and non-refundable I might add.  You aren't superstitious about the date are you?"

  "Not exactly.  It's just that I suffer from paraskevidekatriaphobia."

  "Para ...?  I'm not sure what a fear of parakeets has to do with having dinner with me tomorrow night."

  "No.  I'm not afraid of parakeets.  That's ornithophobia.  It is a fear of [whispers] Friday the 13th."

  "The movie?  But I told you.  We aren't going to the movies.  We're going out to dinner at a very exquisite and expensive restaurant to see a theater performance.  The table I reserved is their best where we will be able to see the entire performance without anyone seated in front of us."

  "No.  Not the movie.  The 'day and date'."

Image Source: 
takkelsomeart <link
  "You're afraid of me?  Your date?  You know, I'm really sick and tired of you lycanthrope bigots.  You think you are so much better than us just because you don't have to follow a lunar calendar as closely as we do!  But in truth, you are no different than us.  And honestly, if you knew us better you would realize that we actually have it better because with us, women are NOT the weaker gender!  I would even dare to hyperbolize that the females of our kind are even ... why are you looking at me like that?  What is happening with your teeth?  Wait.  What are you doing?  What's wrong with your skin?  Why are your nails suddenly growing?  Wait.  I was just teasing.  I meant no offense.  I didn't realize you were a sanguisuge.  I apologize...  please no, it was just a joke.  I was only kidding.  Plea...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH."


  "Finally.  I was so tired of his voice."

2 comments:

  1. Grinning. Though I am afraid of blood sucking leeches. I didn't realise they had claws though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool, love it! LOL He got his talk about selective hearing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.