Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Almost Three Years Free

I don't even know anymore if it started with love, or if the happiness at the time was more from beer, baked oysters, and the seduction of wanting to dance with someone.

Even then, I bought my own chocolates, single white roses, and always always always paid for our dinners.

At the end of a decade of his lying, cheating, stealing, and addictions it became less about hate and more about sadness and pity for a pathetic, little, insecure man who when given lemons only wanted to add them to liquor instead of making lemonade.

Now, my life is happy, and I'm content.  Drinking coffee, still buying the occasional chocolates, and if I want flowers, I'll buy a whole bush of roses.  I have dinner with friends and family, add lemons to my iced tea, or squeeze them over fried catfish.  I can dance in my kitchen, with my dog or my cats ... although the cats enjoy it less.

I don't need to be in a relationship, attached at the hip, or cell phone to any man.  I can sleep across the whole double bed and if the covers fall to the floor, it's my own fault because I don't have anyone who steals in my life anymore.  If I want cold pizza for breakfast, or eggs, bacon, and cheese grits I can eat it all by myself ... well, I do share a little with my dog.  He's worth it.

Participating in Words for Wednesday here.

3 comments:

  1. It's good you got your own way. Sometimes being single is better. Good use of the prompts.

    Have a lovely day

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great Cindi. I booted out a lying cheat too, many years ago.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated ... so be nice or be gone.